Race the Summit – 11km (run/walk)
This is a 11km endurance event finishing at Swampy Summit. The race starts 9:00am at the Malvern St/Woodhaugh Street intersections by the bridge, the route goes via Ross Creek reservior up into the Pineapple Track, to Flagstaff Summit, back down to Swampy Summit turnoff and then along Swampy Ridge Track finishing at Swampy Summit.
Compulsory Gear List
The compulsory gear list is here for your protection and safety. The following items MUST be carried.
- Rain jacket – it must be seam-sealed waterproof.
- Merino or thermal long sleeve top
- Warm beanie or Thir Band! (Multifunctional head-ware)
- Own snacks, gels, energy bars etc
- Water bottles/bladders (there will be no cups available at water stations).
- Phone (optional but strongly recommended).
- Gear checks will be carried out at registration.
Clothing can be left at start line at Woodhaugh Gardens, they will be taken to the finsh line at the Leith Harrier Club Rooms at Chingford Park for your collection.
Aid & Water Stations, Toilets
Water and electrolyte will be available at the following aid stations but there will be no cups. Bring your own cup or bottle.
- Swampy (Finish)
Portaloos will be available at the start and at Swampy Summit.
Rollinsons Rd will not be open to the public. Bus transport will be provided from Woodhaugh to Swampy Summit and from the finish line at Swampy Summit back to the Chingford Park Clubrooms but you may have to wait until the bus is full before it leaves.
Alternatively you can run down the course and get picked up from Leith Valley.
- Registration and gear checks are on Saturday afternoon from 4pm.
- While checking-in, every competitor must get their mandatory gear checked. All essential gear must be carried at all times. It can get very cold very quickly on these hills.
- Always listen to the advice of marshals. They are there for your safety. Also be polite and say thanks. They are wonderful people who have volunteered their time for your pain and pleasure.
- If you pull out for any reason you must report to officials at the finish line. Otherwise our wonderful volunteer marshals will be waiting and looking for you all day and night.
- Please don’t drop any rubbish and if you see any that may have been dropped by another runner please pick it up.
- All tracks are open so please be respectful of other track users.
- All roads are open. Please be alert and keep to the sides.
- Avoid headphones/earbuds use during the race. There’s lots of native birdsong to enjoy. You will be required to remove them for road sections.
- Race numbers are to be visible at all checkpoints.
- If you come across another competitor in trouble stay with them until you know they are safe.
- No dogs are to accompany runners as part of the course goes through private land.
Course Map and Elevation Profile
Our Wonderful Sponsors